Well, 25 days passed after the first entry of this project.
I think this was the most complicated scene I created in a way of texturing and modeling. But most important than that, this was "the" project that make me feel like "now I'm free" when I completed. Not because of tiring, because I wanted badly to do something about Daggerfall by using my expertise on the CG field for a way long time. And I'm very happy about the result that I can no longer have that need for now (not sure if it recur). It is the ultimate satisfaction for me about this kind of inspirations.
Anyway, this project was great excercise for me to achieve some results with different softwares and different approaches. Actually I tried too many ways to get sculpted geometry by parametric texturing (like on the walls, crystal bottle, bottle wicker or sword ornaments). Some of them may be look like primal but I can clearly say that it saved great amount time to not sculpting the detail but creating Substance materials of them. Also as a statistician, creating something with parameters and algorithms is the easiest and direct way for me.
I learned how to handle massive scenes by controlling polygon count and texture loads because of the limitations of GPU rendering.
One of the best achievemernt of this project was to move back and forth on different phases of the workflow and solve the problems without losing time. Like changing UVs after painting the model (reverse baking), modeling minimum geometry and create variations with same texture files without multiplying load on the memory etc.
So this is the end of this project. That was the great moment of my life to work on this Fan Art. Thanks for everyone that supported me while working on it.
All blog entries of the project: